Looking for some fun December STEM Activities to keep your student learning? Christmas Digital STEM Activities will keep your students learning and thinking critically throughout the month of December! Great for remote learning, blended or on-site. Students will plan, design, engineer, and collect data as they are having fun before the holidays!
Connecting important skills such as collecting data, making observations, and measurement skills will help you seamlessly add STEM to your current curriculum. These activities can also be used for STEAM Activities, Maker Spaces, Tinkering Labs, or After School Clubs.
- Teacher Page
- Google Slides Link (perfect for Google Classrooms)
- Challenge 1: Students build Christmas Trees using Gum Drops and Toothpicks
- Challenge 2: Students build Catapults to launch Christmas Presents or Snowballs
- Challenge 3: Students build Christmas Trees using rubber bands and candy canes
- Challenge 4: Students build Christmas Trees using small cups
- Challenge 5: Newspaper Christmas Trees
Next Generation Standards Include:
3-5 ETS 1-1 Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
3-5 ETS 1-2 Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
3-5 ETS 1-3 Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled.
These STEM Challenges are included in my Entire Year of STEM Bundle! You can save lot of money purchasing the entire bundle!! STEM Yearlong Bundle.