STEM Kite Challenge is an activity that can be connected to Iqbal by Francesco D’Adamo or it can be a stand alone STEM Challenge. This challenge will engage your students as they learn about kites, design, and test their kites. Students will construct kites after they research them. Students will go through the Engineering Process as they build and test their kites using various materials to construct it.
This product is included in my STEM BUNDLE #2 Challenge!
Your students will love designing, creating, and engineering. Students will problem solve and think critically as they complete their challenges.
It is important to keep the challenges open-ended so students will start thinking about other challenges or tests they would like to perform.
This activity can also be used for STEAM Activities, STEM After School Programs, Summer Programs, Clubs, Maker Spaces, or at home.
Included in this product:
- Teacher Pages
- Examples & Materials page
- Kite Picture Cards
- Kite Challenge Design and Plan Page
- Engineering Next Generation Standards Posters (3)
- Kite Research Page
- Kite Writing Paper
- Iqbal Summary Page
- Iqbal Story Elements Page
*Other products you may like:
- STEM Entire Year Challenge
- Back to School STEM Challenge
- STEM Waterbottle Challenges
- Project Based Learning Bundle
- STEM Famous Landmarks Bundle
- Connecting STEM to a Great Book
- STEM United State Floats
- STEM Starting a Lemonade Stand Business