The Boy That Harnessed the Wind is a great book to connect to The Windmill STEM Challenge. This challenge will engage your students as they learn about windmills and read The Boy That Harnessed the Wind. Students will construct windmills after they research them. Students will go through the Engineering Process as they build and test their structures using various materials to construct it. This is a great activity to use on Earth Day.
Your students will love designing, creating, and engineering. Students will problem solve and think critically as they complete their challenges.
It is important to keep the challenges open ended so students will start thinking about other challenges or tests they would like to perform.
This activity can also be used for STEAM Activities, STEM After School Programs, Summer Programs, Clubs, Maker Spaces, or at home.
Included in this product:
- Teacher Pages
- Examples & Materials page
- Windmill Picture Cards
- The Windmill Challenge Design and Plan Page
- Engineering Next Generation Standards Posters (3)
- Windmill Research Page
- Windmill Writing Paper
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind Summary Page
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind Story Elements Page
- Malawi Research Page
- Vocabulary Picture Cards
- Africa Map (Students’ Reading Journal Africa Map)
Other Products you might like:
- STEM Entire Year Challenge
- Back to School STEM Challenge
- STEM Waterbottle Challenges
- Project Based Learning Bundle
- STEM Famous Landmarks Bundle
- Connecting STEM to a Great Book
- STEM Maze Challenges
- STEM Paper Airplane Challenges